What are the Ramies?
The Ramies are Abbott's version of the Oscars. Each team is responsible for putting together a short 1-3 minute video. In the past videos were viewed by a panel of judges who choose winners for various categories such as; best picture, best actress, best screen play, etc.
- A committee will judge all the videos and assign awards. However, this year students will do some of the judging via classroom ballots for a "Student Choice Award". Students will view all videos in their communications classes via DVDs and fill out a ballot. Ballots will be tallied and the winners chosen.
- Once videos are viewed and winners are selected we will have an all school assembly in the Big Gym where clips will be shown and winners receive an award.
- Theme: We would like to use "themes" from PBIS (proud, prompt, prepared, polite, productive, and positive). Choose any storyline for your video that incorporates one of the PBIS themes.
- The Process: Write a script with your class, storyboard your shots, shoot the video, use IMOVIE and IDVD to edit the video (include; title, credits).
- IMOVIE/IDVD editing training before school in the AVTECH room. AVTECH has 4 video camera you can check out for the day.
- Class periods will be shortened by 5 minutes to accommodate for the assembly.
Steps to getting Started:
- Write a story
- Storyboard your story
- Write a script
- Rehearse the skit
- Check out a video camera
- Video tape the skit
- Import the movie into IMOVIE/IDVD
- Edit and clean up the skit with IMOVIE/IDVD
- Must Add Title and credits (all students names)
- Transfer the movie to IDVD (ask Mr. Torres for help if you need)
- Hand in finished product to The Ramies Committee
- Best Overall Movie
- Best Costumes
- Best Director
- Best Set
- Best Producer
- Best Content
- Best Screenplay/Story
- Best Original Idea
- Best Actor
- Best Special Effects
- Best Actress
- Best Sound/Editing
- Best Supporting Actor
- Best Editing
- Best Supporting Actress
- Best Dramatic Presentation
- Best Comedy
- Best Action
- Student Choice Award
- All Completed Movies are due by May 16th to the Ramies Committee
- Student Choice Voting and Viewing dates for Communications Classes May 19th-20th
- All school Assembly and Awards show May 23rd
[Return to Photo/Events Gallery]