The AOEC Extended Day Program is designed for full-time 9th – 12th grade high school students needing 1.5 credits or less to progress to the next appropriate grade level. Priority is given to seniors attempting to fulfill graduation requirements. Following their normal school day at the high school, students attend this program for an additional 2 hours and utilize the computer-based instructional program for the courses needed. The program is held in the House 6/Options Program area on the 3rd floor of the Washington Campus, Monday – Thursday from 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm.
- Students must complete the AOEC Extended Day Registration Form with their counselors. Counselors must provide courses for completion.
- Students are allowed to enroll in 1 semester course at a time and must pay $50, per course, at AOEC, before 3:00 pm, prior to enrolling in the program. After completing a course, students may pay an additional $50 and enroll in another course. Course completion time is dependent upon student work rate.
- Students must present receipt of payment and AOEC Extended Day Registration Form to Ms. Paglia when enrolling in the program. Enrollment will be completed at the Washington Campus, not at AOEC.
- Students must enter the Washington Campus through the back of the building and proceed directly to the 3rd floor. If students are in areas of the building where they are not assigned, disciplinary action may be taken and/or students may be dropped from the program without refund of fee.
- Students are expected to attend on a regular basis. If a student is excused absent from school, he/she will be excused absent from Extended Day. If students are going to be late, they must call (847)599-3933 to be admitted into the building. Students will be expected to sign in/out when they enter/leave class. Unexcused absences will be handled in the following manner:
- 3 unexcused absences = conference w/teacher, parent contact
- 6 unexcused absences = conference w/teacher & administrator, parent contact
- 9 unexcused absences = conference w/administrator to determine future course of action, parent contact
- 10 + unexcused absences = dropped from the program, no refund of fees
- Students are expected to progress through their coursework. Teacher and administrator will frequently monitor student progress. If sufficient progress is not demonstrated, student may be dropped from the program without refund of fee.
- Students are required to abide by all discipline policies and procedures as outlined by the Waukegan Board of Education. Student IDs must be worn at all times. Student discipline will be handled according to the Parent/Student Handbook on Rights, Responsibilities and Discipline as dictated by Waukegan Public Schools.
For further information regarding the Extended Day program contact Beth Paglia, House 6 Principal, at (847) 599-3934.