Goals and Objectives of the Waukegan Public Schools Foundation
Develop a stable resource development program which will allow the Foundation to meet its enrichment commitments.
- Increase personal, corporate and agency contributions to the Foundation.
- Develop a grant-writing program which will access external funding sources.
- Develop fund-raising activities which will access community resources.
Provide opportunities to enrich staff performance and effectiveness in the classroom to support multi-cultural activities and to support enrichment of students outside of the classroom.
- Provide opportunities for staff to be creative and innovative in the classroom.
- Provide a grant program which recognizes staff efforts to enrich classroom activities.
- Provide opportunities for staff to enhance their professional skills
- Encourage multi-cultural activities.
- Encourage greater use of technology in the classroom.
- Provide opportunities for students to enhance their skills by encouraging activities outside the classroom.
Encourage greater community/parent investment and involvement in District 60 programs and objectives.
- Support an aggressive marketing strategy for the District.
- Create opportunities for more community/parent involvement in District 60 schools.
- Support activities which result in corporate involvement in District 60 programs.
Provide opportunities for all students to achieve their potential by providing materials and other support to disadvantaged and “at-risk” students.
- Provide funding for students to who cannot afford necessary materials and equipment required to achieve their educational goals.
- Support programs which address “at-risk” students.
Supervise and control use of the Foundation Funds, restricted contributions and grants to ensure that all funds are disbursed in accordance with Foundation and grantor guidelines in a fair and equitable manner and without prejudice.
- Keep tax except 501 (C) (3) status updated.
- Provide for accounting of funding disbursements.
- Control disbursements of funds.