Our vision is to prepare and enable each student through the shared commitment of home, community, and school, to be a lifelong, self-directed learner having the capacity to think, reason and participate fully in a diverse and changing society as a responsible citizen.
Our mission is to accomplish the following:
1. Institute a holistic learning philosophy which involves the development of the student physically, socially, intellectually and emotionally;
2. Emphasize lifelong learning for staff and students;
3. Provide all students with a support atmosphere and safe environment for learning;
4. Provide students with learning experiences that will be of value to them, their community and the changing society;
5. Provide planned opportunities and develop initiatives so students can learn, experience, appreciate and respect the multicultural society in which they live;
6. Provide students with the opportunity to be exposed to the fine arts, foreign languages, and technology;
7. Provide students opportunities to develop skills in decision making, conflict resolution, and application of classroom learning to everyday life situations;
8. Work toward inclusion with support services as identified by student’s IEPs (Individualized Education Program);
9. Provide a cooperative effort between the parents and the school for the betterment of the student’s education;
10. Provide an ongoing evaluation of how well the students, parents and school staff are sharing responsibility for the progress of the students.
Revised February 16, 1994